Gainfield Elementary School serves 345 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Gainfield Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 51%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the Connecticut state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 51% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 345 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 16%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Gainfield Elementary School's student population of 345 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Gainfield Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 940 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Gainfield Elementary School is 0.29, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CT)
Overall Testing Rank
#160 out of 940 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Gainfield Elementary School's ranking?
Gainfield Elementary School is ranked #160 out of 940 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 65-69% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Gainfield Elementary School?
345 students attend Gainfield Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of Gainfield Elementary School students are White, 7% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Gainfield Elementary School?
Gainfield Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Gainfield Elementary School offer ?
Gainfield Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Gainfield Elementary School part of?
Gainfield Elementary School is part of Regional School District 15.
Review Gainfield Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.