Galatia Elementary School
- Galatia Elementary School's student population of 244 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Galatia Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2541 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Galatia CUSD 1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Galatia Galatia Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 72 students
200 N Mckinley St
Galatia, IL 62935
(618)268-4194 0.4 7-8 72
- Harrisburg School District 428 Iyc-hrb Grades: 7-12 | 100 students
1201 W Poplar St
Harrisburg, IL 62946
(618)252-8681 7.7 7-12 100
- Norris City Roe 20 Learning Alternative Branch School Grades: 6-12 | 26 students
305 N Powell St
Norris City, IL 62869
(618)841-3042 8.2 6-12 26
- Eldorado Eldorado Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 244 students
1907 1st St
Eldorado, IL 62930
(618)273-8056 9.4 6-8 244
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.