Galatia Junior High School
- Galatia Junior High School's student population of 72 students has grown by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Galatia Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3240 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Galatia CUSD 1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Galatia Galatia Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 244 students
200 N Hickory St
Galatia, IL 62935
(618)268-6371 0.4 PK-6 244
- Harrisburg School District 428 Iyc-hrb Grades: 7-12 | 100 students
1201 W Poplar St
Harrisburg, IL 62946
(618)252-8681 7.6 7-12 100
- Norris City Roe 20 Learning Alternative Branch School Grades: 6-12 | 26 students
305 N Powell St
Norris City, IL 62869
(618)841-3042 8.0 6-12 26
- Eldorado Eldorado Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 244 students
1907 1st St
Eldorado, IL 62930
(618)273-8056 9.0 6-8 244
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.