Galesburgaugusta Middle School
- Galesburgaugusta Middle School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Galesburgaugusta Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1774 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Galesburg-Augusta Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Augusta Augusta Academy Grades: K-6 | 13 students
600 West Michigan
Augusta, MI 49012
(269) 731-5454 0.1 K-6 13
- Galesburg Galesburgaugusta Alternative Education Grades: 9-12 | 7 students
1076 N 37th Street
Galesburg, MI 49053
(269) 484-2010 3.4 9-12 7
- Richland Gull Lake Gateway Academy Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
10100 East D Avenue
Richland, MI 49083
(269) 548-3422 3.4 9-12 32
- Galesburg Galesburgaugusta High School Grades: 9-12 | 320 students
1076 North 37th St
Galesburg, MI 49053
(269) 484-2010 3.5 9-12 320
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.