Garfield Elementary School
- Garfield Elementary School's student population of 448 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||448 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garfield Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,247 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2932 out of 3247 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Toledo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toledo L. Hollingworth School For Talented And Gifted Grades: K-8 | 339 students
653 Miami St
Toledo, OH 43605
(419)705-3411 0.4 K-8 339
- Toledo Navarre Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 462 students
800 Kingston Ave
Toledo, OH 43605
(419)671-7600 0.6 K-8 462
- Toledo Horizon Science Academy Toledo Grades: K-12 | 537 students
2600 W Sylvania Ave
Toledo, OH 43613
(419)474-3350 0.7 K-12 537
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.