Gaspar De Portola Middle School
- Gaspar De Portola Middle School's student population of 1,847 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,847 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gaspar De Portola Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2574 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarzana Wilbur Charter For Enriched Academics Grades: K-5 | 636 students
5213 Crebs Ave.
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818) 345-1090 0.2 K-5 636
- Tarzana Tarzana Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 368 students
5726 Topeka Dr.
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818) 881-1424 0.6 K-5 368
- Reseda Vanalden Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 416 students
19019 Delano St.
Reseda, CA 91335
(818) 342-5131 1.1 K-5 416
- Woodland Hills Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community Grades: K-8 | 767 students
19722 Collier St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 346-5100 1.2 K-8 767
This school is a good school but it doesn't treat people fairly, everything goes to the magnet kids... Even for the accelerated kids (including me) we haven't went to any field trips in 2 years at all and they went on 2 for the past 2 years like always they get all the attention like always, and I think that's really unfair to us.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tub.k
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.