Gaspar De Portola Middle School
Gaspar De Portola Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Gaspar De Portola Middle School's student population of 1,893 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 71 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,893 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||71 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gaspar De Portola Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2338 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tarzana Wilbur Charter For Enriched Academics Grades: K-5 | 665 students
5213 Crebs Ave.
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818)345-1090 0.2 K-5 665
- Tarzana Tarzana Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 383 students
5726 Topeka Dr.
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818)881-1424 0.6 K-5 383
- Reseda Vanalden Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 442 students
19019 Delano St.
Reseda, CA 91335
(818)342-5131 1.1 K-5 442
- Woodland Hills Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community Grades: K-8 | 749 students
19722 Collier St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818)346-5100 1.2 K-8 749
This school is a good school but it doesn't treat people fairly, everything goes to the magnet kids... Even for the accelerated kids (including me) we haven't went to any field trips in 2 years at all and they went on 2 for the past 2 years like always they get all the attention like always, and I think that's really unfair to us.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tub.k
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.