George Ellery Hale Charter Academy
George Ellery Hale Charter Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- George Ellery Hale Charter Academy's student population of 1979 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,979 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- George Ellery Hale Charter Academy is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has increased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of George Ellery Hale Charter Academy is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodland Hills Academy For Enriched Sciences Grades: 1-5 | 264 students
6170 Lockhurst Dr.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818)888-5280 0.4 1-5 264
- Woodland Hills El Camino Real Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 3855 students
5440 Valley Cir. Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818)595-7500 0.6 9-12 3855
- West Hills Haynes Charter For Enriched Studies Grades: K-5 | 416 students
6624 Lockhurst Dr.
West Hills, CA 91307
(818)716-7310 0.9 K-5 416
Nearby Homes for Sale
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.