George Ellery Hale Charter Academy
George Ellery Hale Charter Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- George Ellery Hale Charter Academy's student population of 2,191 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||2,191 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- George Ellery Hale Charter Academy is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1766 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encino Academy For Enriched Sciences Grades: K-5 | 324 students
17551 Miranda St.
Encino, CA 91316
(818) 609-8421 0.4 K-5 324
- Woodland Hills El Camino Real Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 3,567 students
5440 Valley Cir. Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818) 595-7500 0.6 9-12 3,567
- West Hills Haynes Charter For Enriched Studies Grades: K-5 | 417 students
6624 Lockhurst Dr.
West Hills, CA 91307
(818) 716-7310 0.9 K-5 417
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.