Woodland Hills Academy
Woodland Hills Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Woodland Hills Academy's student population of 92 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Woodland Hills Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1742 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Duluth Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duluth Homecroft Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 426 students
4784 Howard Gnesen Rd
Duluth, MN 55803
(218)336-8865 1.3 PK-5 426
- Duluth Pete Seeger Renaissance Charter School
701 Arrowhead Road
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)260-3099 1.6 n/a n/a
- Duluth North Star Academy Grades: K-8 | 1091 students
3301 Technology Dr
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)728-9556 1.9 K-8 1091
- Duluth Chester Creek Academy Grades: K-12 | 58 students
714 1/2 W College St
Duluth, MN 55802
(218)216-8325 2.4 K-12 58
- Duluth East High School Grades: 9-12 | 1506 students
301 N 40th Ave E
Duluth, MN 55804
(218)336-8845 2.4 9-12 1506
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.