Gateway School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Gateway School's student population of 33 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gateway School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,768 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#814 out of 1768 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesa County Valley School District No. 51 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Gateway School is Paradox Valley Charter School (20.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paradox Paradox Valley Charter School Grades: PK-12 | 93 students
21501 6 Mile Road
Paradox, CO 81429
(970)859-7236 20.6 PK-12 93
- La Sal La Sal School Grades: PK-3 | 12 students
State Highway #46, State Hwy #
La Sal, UT 84530
(435)678-1292 29.7 PK-3 12
- Grand Junction Wingate Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 458 students
351 South Camp Road
Grand Junction, CO 81507
(970)254-4960 31.2 PK-5 458
- Moab C R Sundwall Center Grades: PK | 54 students
190 E 100 N
Moab, UT 84532
(435)259-5628 31.9 PK 54
- Moab Grand County High School Grades: 9-12 | 451 students
608 S 400 E
Moab, UT 84532
(435)259-8931 31.9 9-12 451
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.