George Washington Academy
George Washington Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- George Washington Academy's student population of 1,019 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,019 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- George Washington Academy is ranked within the top 5% of all 932 schools in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Overall School Rank||#24 out of 932 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||George Washington Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint George Crimson View School Grades: K-5 | 661 students
2835 East 2000 South
Saint George, UT 84790
(435)634-7000 0.3 K-5 661
- Saint George Sunrise Ridge Intermediate Grades: 6-7 | 894 students
3167 S 2350 E
Saint George, UT 84790
(435)652-4772 1.4 6-7 894
- Santa Clara St. George Academy Grades: K-12
380 E. 3090 S.
Santa Clara, UT 84765
(435)625-1799 1.6 K-12 n/a
- Washington Riverside School Grades: K-5 | 704 students
2500 S Harvest Lane
Washington, UT 84780
(435)652-4760 1.8 K-5 704
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.