Gibson Elementary School
Gibson Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Gibson Elementary School's student population of 182 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gibson Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#544 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Terrebonne Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morgan City Bayou L'ourse Primary School Grades: PK-4 | 142 students
11397 Hwy 662
Morgan City, LA 70380
(985)631-9268 5.6 PK-4 142
- Amelia J.s. Aucoin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 267 students
739 Julia Street
Amelia, LA 70340
(985)631-2464 7.0 PK-5 267
- Houma Bayou Black Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 188 students
4449 Bayou Black Drive
Houma, LA 70360
(985)872-2460 9.6 PK-6 188
- Thibodaux Lafourche Parish Juvenile Justice Facility Grades: K-12
2525 Veterans Blvd.
Thibodaux, LA 70301
(985)448-1436 10.4 K-12 n/a
- Schriever Caldwell Middle School Grades: 4-6 | 349 students
445 Hwy. 311
Schriever, LA 70395
(985)868-2565 10.8 4-6 349
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.