Gilsum Elementary School
Gilsum Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Gilsum Elementary School's student population of 59 students has grown by 90% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gilsum Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||#429 out of 457 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monadnock Regional School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Keene Surry Village Charter School Grades: K-8 | 93 students
449 Route 12a
Keene, NH 03431
(603)357-9700 4.1 K-8 93
- Nelson Nelson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 68 students
441 Granite Lake Rd.
Nelson, NH 03457
(603)847-3408 6.3 K-5 68
- Marlow John D. Perkins Academy Grades: PK-6 | 38 students
919 Nh, Rte. 10
Marlow, NH 03456
(603)446-3307 6.5 PK-6 38
- Keene Fuller Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 364 students
422 Elm St.
Keene, NH 03431
(603)352-1245 6.9 K-5 364
- Stoddard James Faulkner Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 82 students
200 School St.
Stoddard, NH 03464
(603)446-3348 7.4 K-5 82
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.