Glenwood Elementary School
Glenwood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Glenwood Elementary School's student population of 434 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Glenwood Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#718 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Amarillo Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Amarillo Lawndale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 356 students
2215 S Bivins
Amarillo, TX 79103
(806)326-4700 0.9 PK-5 356
- Amarillo Landergin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 327 students
3209 S Taylor
Amarillo, TX 79110
(806)326-4650 1.0 PK-5 327
- Amarillo Sanborn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 547 students
700 S Roberts
Amarillo, TX 79102
(806)326-5250 1.2 PK-5 547
- Amarillo Bowie Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 761 students
3001 E 12th
Amarillo, TX 79104
(806)326-3200 1.3 6-8 761
- Amarillo Tradewind Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 691 students
Amarillo, TX 79118
(806)326-5500 1.3 PK-5 691
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.