Governor's Charter School
- Governor's Charter School's student population of 511 students has declined by 31% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has grown by 55% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||511 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Governor's Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2978 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Leon School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallahassee W T Moore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 662 students
1706 Dempsey Mayo Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 877-6158 0.7 PK-5 662
- Tallahassee Buck Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 761 students
1600 Pedrick Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32317
(850) 488-6133 1.4 PK-5 761
- Tallahassee Swift Creek Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 791 students
2100 Pedrick Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32317
(850) 487-4868 1.9 6-8 791
- Tallahassee Apalachee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 650 students
650 Trojan Trl
Tallahassee, FL 32311
(850) 488-7110 2.1 PK-5 650
- Tallahassee Leon Countywide Adult Education Prog Grades: 12 | 36 students
526 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee, FL 32304
(850) 922-5343 2.1 12 36
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.