Grand Chain Alternative Center
Grand Chain Alternative Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 1%)
Grand Chain Alternative Center's student population of 7 students has declined by 36% over five school years.
The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
The diversity score of Grand Chain Alternative Center is 0.24, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jamp Spec Educ Services School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school and middle school to Grand Chain Alternative Center is Century Jr/sr High School (4.7 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Century Elementary School (4.7 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Ullin Century Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 139 students
4721 Shawnee College
Ullin, IL 62992
(618) 845-3572 4.7 K-5 139
- Cypress Cypress Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 117 students
4580 Mount Pisgah Rd
Cypress, IL 62923
(618) 657-2525 8.4 PK-8 117
- Metropolis Maple Grove Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 156 students
1698 Grand Chain Rd
Metropolis, IL 62960
(618) 543-7434 9.1 PK-6 156
- Metropolis Starquest Academy Rssp South Grades: 8-12 | 3 students
1102 W 10th St
Metropolis, IL 62960
(618) 342-6778 9.1 8-12 3
Learn more about the debate behind private school vouchers and whether they are a viable public school alternative for your child.
Listen to both sides of the debate to decide if cell phones should be allowed or banned in public schools.
Learn about how class size reduction is funded on the federal level.