Grand Isle High School
- Grand Isle High School's student population of 163 students has grown by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||163 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grand Isle High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#654 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Golden Meadow Golden Meadow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 366 students
630 South Bayou Drive
Golden Meadow, LA 70357
(985)475-7314 19.2 6-8 366
- Golden Meadow Golden Meadow Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 222 students
124 North Third Street
Golden Meadow, LA 70357
(985)475-7669 20.5 3-5 222
- Cut Off South Lafourche High School Grades: 8-12 | 1036 students
16911 East Main Street
Cut Off, LA 70345
(985)632-5721 24.8 8-12 1036
My daughter graduated from Grand Isle High School and went on to college and then further training. I loved the close knit school atmosphere and the educational goals of the school.
- Posted by Parent - brosi
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.