Granton High School
Granton High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Granton High School's student population of 105 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Granton High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1373 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Granton Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granton Granton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
217 N Main St
Granton, WI 54436
(715) 238-7292 0.0 PK-5 125
- Neillsville Neillsville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 501 students
504 E 5th St
Neillsville, WI 54456
(715) 743-8710 6.5 PK-6 501
- Neillsville Neillsville Middle/high Grades: 7-12 | 434 students
401 Center St
Neillsville, WI 54456
(715) 743-8738 6.8 7-12 434
- Marshfield Nasonville Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 320 students
11044 Us Highway 10
Marshfield, WI 54449
(715) 676-3611 10.1 K-6 320
- Loyal Loyal Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 276 students
514 W Central
Loyal, WI 54446
(715) 255-8561 10.3 PK-6 276
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.