Gypsum Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 335 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 86%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CO
- Math Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25-29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 35% CO state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
How many students attend Gypsum Elementary School?
335 students attend Gypsum Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
85% of Gypsum Elementary School students are Hispanic, 14% of students are White, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Gypsum Elementary School?
Gypsum Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Gypsum Elementary School offer ?
Gypsum Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
Review Gypsum Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities