H L Suverkrup Elementary School

  • H L Suverkrup Elementary School serves 413 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 62% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2015-2016 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 48% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 40%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • H L Suverkrup Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is equal to the Arizona state level of 20:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Arizona state average of 61%.
  • H L Suverkrup Elementary School operates within the Crane Elementary School District.

Top Placements (Arizona)

H L Suverkrup Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Arizona for:

  • Category Attribute
  • Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)

School Overview

  • H L Suverkrup Elementary School's student population of 413 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades Prekindergarten-6
Total Students413 students
Gender %H L Suverkrup Elementary School Gender
Total Classroom Teachers21 teachers
Students by GradeH L Suverkrup Elementary School Student By Grade

School Comparison

  • H L Suverkrup Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1842 schools in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
  • The diversity score of H L Suverkrup Elementary School is 0.29, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (AZ)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
62%
39%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
48%
40%
Student : Teacher Ratio20:120:1
Hispanic
83%
45%
Black
2%
5%
White
15%
39%
All Ethnic GroupsH L Suverkrup Elementary School All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity BreakdownAZ All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity Breakdown
Diversity Score0.290.42
Eligible for Free Lunch
4%
33%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
94%
11%

    District Comparison

    • The school district of H L Suverkrup Elementary School is Crane Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
    • Crane Elementary School District's student population of 6,318 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
    • The revenue/student of $5,491 in this district is less than the state average of $7,180. The district revenue/student has declined by 23% over four school years.
    • The district's spending/student of $6,691 is less than the state average of $6,852. The district spending/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
    School District NameCrane Elementary School District
    Number of Schools
    Managed
    12
    1
    Number of Students Managed6,318345
    Crane Elementary School District Students Managed (1988-2016)
    District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
    41%
    39%
    District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
    39%
    40%
    District Total Revenue$34 MM$3 MM
    District Spending$42 MM$2 MM
    District Revenue / Student$5,491$7,180
    District Spending / Student$6,691$6,852
    School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
    Source: 2015-2016 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education

    Nearby Public Schools

    Show me:

    School Reviews

    Review H L Suverkrup Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

    • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
    • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

    I am a:

    Name or Alias:

    Your review:

    Rate this school:
    Recent Articles
    Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
    Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
    Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.