H S Ahead Academy
H S Ahead Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- H S Ahead Academy's student population of 200 students has declined by 36% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- H S Ahead Academy's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7799 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Kipp Generations Collegiate Grades: 9-12 | 609 students
500 Tidwell Rd
Houston, TX 77074
(832)230-0566 0.4 9-12 609
- Houston Northline Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 653 students
821 Witcher Ln
Houston, TX 77076
(713)696-2890 1.0 PK-5 653
- Houston Durham Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 601 students
4803 Brinkman St
Houston, TX 77018
(713)613-2527 1.1 PK-5 601
- Houston Harper Alternative School Grades: 7-12 | 33 students
4425 N Shepherd
Houston, TX 77018
(713)802-4760 1.1 7-12 33
- Houston Highland Hts Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 562 students
865 Paul Quinn St
Houston, TX 77091
(713)696-2920 1.2 PK-5 562
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.