Haigh Elementary School
Haigh Elementary School serves 505 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Haigh Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 68% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 34% (majority Black).
Haigh Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Haigh Elementary School's student population of 505 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Haigh Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Haigh Elementary School is 0.12, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#233 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MI Dept. of Education
Review Haigh Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.