Howard Elementary School
Howard Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Howard Elementary School's student population of 446 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||446 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howard Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#333 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dearborn City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dearborn Heights Westwood Alternative Education High School North Grades: 9-12 | 111 students
23914 Ford Rd
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
(313) 565-0468 0.5 9-12 111
- Dearborn Charles A Lindbergh Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 328 students
500 North Waverly St
Dearborn, MI 48128
(313) 827-6300 0.6 PK-5 328
- Dearborn Bryant Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 795 students
460 North Vernon St
Dearborn, MI 48128
(313) 827-2904 0.7 6-8 795
- Dearborn Dearborn High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,080 students
19501 Outer Dr
Dearborn, MI 48124
(313) 827-1600 1.0 9-12 2,080
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.