Harder Elementary School
- Harder Elementary School's student population of 608 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||608 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harder Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#8899 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hayward Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hayward Tennyson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,446 student
27035 Whitman Rd.
Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 723-3190 0.7 9-12 1,446
- Castro Valley Golden Oak Montessori Of Hayward Grades: 1-8 | 249 students
2652 Vergil Ct.
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510) 931-7868 0.8 1-8 249
- Hayward Silver Oak High Public Montessori Charter Grades: 9-12 | 198 students
951 Palisade St.
Hayward, CA 94542
(510) 370-3334 0.8 9-12 198
- Hayward Bowman Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 350 students
520 Jefferson St.
Hayward, CA 94540
(510) 723-3800 0.9 K-6 350
- Hayward Glassbrook Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 537 students
975 Schafer Rd.
Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 723-3835 0.9 K-6 537
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.