Harold Keller Elementary School
- Harold Keller Elementary School's student population of 473 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||473 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harold Keller Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#451 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Alice Birney Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 671 students
4829 Hastings Street
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-1054 0.8 PK-5 671
- Metairie Bissonet Plaza Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 616 students
6818 Kawanee Avenue
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)887-0470 1.0 PK-5 616
- Kenner Bonnabel Magnet Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 1366 students
2801 Bruin Drive
Kenner, LA 70065
(504)443-4565 1.6 9-12 1366
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.