Alice Birney Elementary School
- Alice Birney Elementary School's student population of 671 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||671 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alice Birney Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#758 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Harold Keller Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 473 students
5301 Irving Street
Metairie, LA 70003
(504) 887-3836 0.8 PK-5 473
- Metairie Phoebe Hearst School Grades: PK-5 | 617 students
5208 Wabash Street
Metairie, LA 70001
(504) 887-8814 1.0 PK-5 617
- Metairie J.d. Meisler Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 811 students
3700 Cleary Avenue
Metairie, LA 70002
(504) 888-5832 1.3 6-8 811
- Metairie Bissonet Plaza Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 616 students
6818 Kawanee Avenue
Metairie, LA 70003
(504) 887-0470 1.5 PK-5 616
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?