Phoebe Hearst School
Phoebe Hearst School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Phoebe Hearst School's student population of 752 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||752 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Phoebe Hearst School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#537 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Airline Park Academy For Advanced Studies Grades: PK-5 | 381 students
6201 Camphor Street
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)888-0969 0.7 PK-5 381
- Metairie Rudolph Matas School Grades: K-8 | 599 students
1201 Elise Street
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)733-6200 0.8 K-8 599
- Metairie Alice Birney Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 655 students
4829 Hastings Street
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-1054 1.0 PK-5 655
- Metairie Bridgedale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 554 students
808 Zinnia Street
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)888-6807 1.3 PK-5 554
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.