J.d. Meisler Middle School
J.d. Meisler Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- J.d. Meisler Middle School's student population of 748 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||748 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- J.d. Meisler Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#863 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Grace King High School Grades: 9-12 | 1473 students
4301 Grace King Place
Metairie, LA 70002
(504)888-7334 0.4 9-12 1473
- Metairie Alice Birney Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 655 students
4829 Hastings Street
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-1054 1.3 PK-5 655
- Metairie Phoebe Hearst School Grades: PK-5 | 752 students
5208 Wabash Street
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)887-8814 1.6 PK-5 752
- Metairie Bridgedale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 554 students
808 Zinnia Street
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)888-6807 2.0 PK-5 554
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.