Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies
Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies's student population of 823 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 34% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013, 2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||823 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies Grades: PK-5 | 379 students
201 Metairie Road
Metairie, LA 70005
(504)833-5539 0.9 PK-5 379
- Metairie Ella Dolhonde Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 501 students
219 Severn Avenue
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)837-5370 1.4 PK-5 501
- New Orleans Kipp Believe Grades: K-8 | 849 students
9330 Forshey Street
New Orleans, LA 70113
(504)304-8857 1.5 K-8 849
I'm currently a freshman at Haynes and love it. There is a large amount of homework and projects depending on the teacher, but overall I've learned a lot. Everybody seems to know each other and we all get along. Our sports are continuing to grow and reach the best they can be, but we only go up to a sophomore class this year. We will add another grade each year so until we get a senior class we can't have competitive high school sports except for soccer and volleyball. Other than that it's a really great school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hana_
This is my son's first year. It is more than he is used to (homework and classwork and projects) however I believe it likes it overall. I do as well. Prepare your elementary age children for a little work each night if you choose this school. Your child first must be tested to qualify for admission here. Anothr important note...Haynes now goes up to the 10th grade...so it is 6-10 grades. They will add a grade each year.
- Posted by Parent - lotus
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.