Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies
Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies's student population of 788 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||788 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Haynes Academy School For Advanced Studies is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
201 Metairie Road
Metairie, LA 70005
(504)833-5539 0.9 PK-5 378
- Metairie Ella Dolhonde Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 462 students
219 Severn Avenue
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)837-5370 1.4 PK-5 462
- New Orleans Kipp Believe College Prep Grades: K-8 | 873 students
9330 Forshey Street
New Orleans, LA 70113
(504)304-8857 1.5 K-8 873
I'm currently a freshman at Haynes and love it. There is a large amount of homework and projects depending on the teacher, but overall I've learned a lot. Everybody seems to know each other and we all get along. Our sports are continuing to grow and reach the best they can be, but we only go up to a sophomore class this year. We will add another grade each year so until we get a senior class we can't have competitive high school sports except for soccer and volleyball. Other than that it's a really great school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hana_
This is my son's first year. It is more than he is used to (homework and classwork and projects) however I believe it likes it overall. I do as well. Prepare your elementary age children for a little work each night if you choose this school. Your child first must be tested to qualify for admission here. Anothr important note...Haynes now goes up to the 10th grade...so it is 6-10 grades. They will add a grade each year.
- Posted by Parent - lotus
Nearby Homes for Sale
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.