Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies
Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies's student population of 378 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||378 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Kipp Believe College Prep Grades: K-8 | 873 students
9330 Forshey Street
New Orleans, LA 70113
(504)304-8857 0.7 K-8 873
- New Orleans Lake Area New Technical Early College High School Grades: 9-12 | 787 students
6026 Paris Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70122
(504)267-8811 1.2 9-12 787
Nearby Homes for Sale
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.