Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies
Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies's student population of 379 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 40% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#22 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Kipp Believe Grades: K-8 | 849 students
9330 Forshey Street
New Orleans, LA 70113
(504)304-8857 0.7 K-8 849
- New Orleans Lake Area New Technical Early College High School Grades: 9-12 | 677 students
6026 Paris Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70122
(504)267-8811 1.2 9-12 677
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.