Mary Bethune Elementary Literature/technology
- Mary Bethune Elementary Literature/technology's student population of 709 students has grown by 71% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||709 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mary Bethune Elementary Literature/technology is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#541 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Orleans Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Kipp Believe Grades: K-8 | 849 students
9330 Forshey Street
New Orleans, LA 70113
(504)304-8857 0.6 K-8 849
- New Orleans Lake Area New Technical Early College High School Grades: 9-12 | 677 students
6026 Paris Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70122
(504)267-8811 0.6 9-12 677
- Metairie Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies Grades: PK-5 | 379 students
201 Metairie Road
Metairie, LA 70005
(504)833-5539 0.9 PK-5 379
My perception of Bethune Elementary is that as a structure/edifice, it is a clean well structured and well maintained builiding, as an environment, it is a pleasant, warm and friendly setting, in reference to the faculty and staff, it is a close knit, concerned for and about each other community that breeds and exuberate love and affection. As far as I can tell about the academics, it seems to be above standard and up to date on the latest technology and trendsthe students appear to be interesting in learning and the teachers appears to be well sutied and professionally efficient. The staff seems to be incorprated and intergrated into the body as the sum parts of a whole. The leadership appears to be solid and steadfast ase well as endearing, grounded and routed. I would highly recommend this institution to any parent or person who is seeking to place thier chid or children in a safe, sound and nurturing well maintained academic setting where the children's education, health and welfare is one of key ingredients to thier mission.
- Posted by Parent - glenn
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.