Harris Elementary School
- Harris Elementary School's student population of 448 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||448 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harris Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1343 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gilbert Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Harris Elementary School is Eduprize School Gilbert (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mesa Keller Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 630 students
1445 E. Hilton Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)472-6200 0.5 PK-6 630
- Gilbert Oak Tree Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 542 students
505 W. Houston
Gilbert, AZ 85233
(480)497-3300 0.7 PK-6 542
- Mesa Mesa High School Grades: 9-12 | 3,508 students
1630 E. Southern Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)472-5900 0.8 9-12 3,508
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.