Hazel Fischer Elementary School
Hazel Fischer Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Hazel Fischer Elementary School's student population of 157 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hazel Fischer Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4240 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vallecito Union School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avery Avery Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 196 students
4545 Moran Rd.
Avery, CA 95224
(209) 795-8520 5.0 6-8 196
- Rail Road Flat Rail Road Flat Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 62 students
298 Rail Rd. Flat Rd.
Rail Road Flat, CA 95248
(209) 754-2275 10.6 K-6 62
- Avery Albert A. Michelson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 214 students
196 Pennsylvania Gulch Rd.
Avery, CA 95224
(209) 728-3441 11.5 K-5 214
- West Point West Point Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 92 students
54 Bald Mountain Rd.
West Point, CA 95255
(209) 754-2255 13.4 K-6 92
- Altaville John Vierra High School Grades: 9-12 | 17 students
364 Murphys Grade Rd
Altaville, CA 95221
(209) 736-2507 14.8 9-12 17
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.