High Plains Elementary School
High Plains Elementary School serves 592 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
High Plains Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 58% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 61% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Colorado state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 47% (majority Hispanic).
High Plains Elementary School's student population of 592 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
View the High Plains Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Last day of School ~ All Schools
May 27, 2022 (Friday)
No School ~ Fall Break ~ All Schools
October 17, 2022 (Monday)
Spring Break ~ All Schools
March 20, 2023 (Monday)
High Plains Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,783 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of High Plains Elementary School is 0.58, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.60. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#252 out of 1783 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CO Dept. of Education
Review High Plains Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.