Highland Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 266 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 29%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in LA
- Math Proficiency: 80-84% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 85-89% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), LA Dept. of Education
Highland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Highland Elementary School's ranking?
Highland Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for: Highest overall rank (Top 20%), Highest math proficiency (Top 20%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
80-84% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 64% LA state average), while 85-89% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 70% LA state average).
How many students attend Highland Elementary School?
266 students attend Highland Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
71% of Highland Elementary School students are White, 20% of students are Black, 6% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Highland Elementary School?
Highland Elementary School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 17:1.
What grades does Highland Elementary School offer ?
Highland Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
Review Highland Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities