Highland Elementary School
- Highland Elementary School's student population of 484 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4705 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Contra Costa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Pablo Vista High (alternative) Grades: K-12 | 261 students
2625 Barnard Rd.
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)231-1431 0.2 K-12 261
- Oakland Aspire Richmond Technology Academy Grades: K-5 | 286 students
3040 Hilltop Mall Rd.
Oakland, CA 94606
(510)480-0660 0.4 K-5 286
- El Cerrito Summit Public School: Tamalpais Grades: 7-12 | 117 students
3020 Hilltop Mall Rd.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)374-4185 0.4 7-12 117
- San Pablo Middle College High School Grades: 9-12 | 285 students
2600 Mission Bell Dr.
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)215-3881 0.9 9-12 285
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.