Highland Lakes School
Highland Lakes School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Highland Lakes School's student population of 1,104 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,104 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Lakes School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#233 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deer Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Greenbrier Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 421 students
6150 W. Greenbriar Dr.
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623)445-5000 1.0 PK-6 421
- Phoenix Great Hearts Academies - Glendale Prep Grades: 6-12 | 538 students
23276 N. 83rd Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(623)889-0822 1.4 6-12 538
- Glendale Legend Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 670 students
21150 North Arrowhead Loop Roa
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623)445-5000 1.4 PK-6 670
I'm a current student here, and the staff are all incredibly kind and supportive. They try their best to help you if you aren't understanding something, and the students are also very nice. Highland Lakes has a no tolerance policy for bullying, and everyone I know has never had a bullying problem while being at the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - E. H.
I was part of the renaissance for the profoundly gifted and it was good it prepared me for my current schooling at Xavier so I would definitely look into that besides that the school is a pretty ok school I love Mr.Rockey (main band director), Ms.Johnson (flute instructor and choir director)!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - eelsb