Highland Lakes School
Highland Lakes School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Highland Lakes School's student population of 1,144 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,144 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Lakes School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#233 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Deer Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Greenbrier Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 384 students
6150 W. Greenbriar Dr.
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623)445-5000 1.0 PK-6 384
- Phoenix Great Hearts Academies - Glendale Prep Grades: 6-12 | 545 students
23276 N. 83rd Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
(623)889-0822 1.4 6-12 545
- Glendale Legend Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 648 students
21150 North Arrowhead Loop Roa
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623)445-5000 1.4 PK-6 648
I was part of the renaissance for the profoundly gifted and it was good it prepared me for my current schooling at Xavier so I would definitely look into that besides that the school is a pretty ok school I love Mr.Rockey (main band director), Ms.Johnson (flute instructor and choir director)!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - eelsb
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.