Highland Pines School
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special education school
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 109 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- Minority Enrollment: 18%
- Graduation Rate: <50% (Btm 50% in MI)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 30-39% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Highland Pines School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Highland Pines School's ranking?
Highland Pines School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for: Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 5%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30-39% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while 50-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
What is the graduation rate of Highland Pines School?
The graduation rate of Highland Pines School is 50%, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 86%.
How many students attend Highland Pines School?
109 students attend Highland Pines School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
82% of Highland Pines School students are White, 9% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Highland Pines School?
Highland Pines School has a student ration of 7:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Highland Pines School offer ?
Highland Pines School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Highland Pines School part of?
Highland Pines School is part of Tuscola Independent School District.
Review Highland Pines School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities