Highland Terrace Elementary School
- Highland Terrace Elementary School's student population of 496 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||496 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Terrace Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#198 out of 2,014 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shoreline School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Highland Terrace Elementary School is Shoreline-monroe High School (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest middle school, elementary school is Northwest School For The Hearing Impaired Children (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monroe Shoreline-monroe High School Grades: 9-12 | 345 students
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Monroe, WA 98272
(360)804-2500 0.2 9-12 345
- Seattle Northwest School For The Hearing Impaired Children Grades: PK-8 | 6 students
15303 Westminster Way N
Seattle, WA 98103
(253)945-2084 0.5 PK-8 6
- Seattle Shorewood High School Grades: 9-12 | 1612 students
17300 Fremont Avenue N.
Seattle, WA 98133
(206)393-4372 0.8 9-12 1612
- Seattle Parkwood Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 449 students
1815 N. 155th Street
Seattle, WA 98133
(206)393-4150 1.1 K-6 449
- Seattle Cascade K-8 Community School Grades: K-8 | 202 students
2800 Ne 200th
Seattle, WA 98155
(206)393-4180 1.2 K-8 202
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.