Hillcrest Elementary School
Hillcrest Elementary School serves 698 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Hillcrest Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 68% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 71% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Maryland state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is lower than the Maryland state average of 63% (majority Black).
Hillcrest Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Hillcrest Elementary School's student population of 698 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 43 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hillcrest Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,354 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Hillcrest Elementary School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MD)
Overall Testing Rank
#127 out of 1354 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MD Dept. of Education
Review Hillcrest Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
An Overview of Public School Services
Learn about some of the services available to students through the public school system that are especially helpful to low-income families.
Dealing with Behavioral Issues in Middle and High School
Learn how to deal with behavioral issues in middle school and high school.
Is Your Child's School a Blue Ribbon School?
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.