Hitchcock County Jr/sr High School
- Hitchcock County Jr/sr High School's student population of 140 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hitchcock County Jr/sr High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 913 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#105 out of 913 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hitchcock County School SySTEM School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culbertson Hitchcock County Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 152 students
Culbertson, NE 69024
(308) 278-2131 10.4 PK-6 152
- Stratton Stratton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 33 students
605 Bailey St
Stratton, NE 69043
(308) 276-2281 11.3 PK-6 33
- Palisade Palisade Attendance Center Grades: PK-4 | 119 students
206 N Reynolds
Palisade, NE 69040
(308) 285-3232 13.0 PK-4 119
- Mc Cook Mc Cook Alternative Education
404 West 7th Street
Mc Cook, NE 69001
(308) 345-5631 19.8 n/a n/a
- Wauneta Wauneta Palisade Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 76 students
214 W Wichita St
Wauneta, NE 69045
(308) 394-5650 25.2 5-8 76
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?