- Hollis School's student population of 22 students has grown by 57% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hollis School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 463 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-14 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southeast Island School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ketchikan Barry Craig Stewart Kasaan School Grades: PK-12 | 11 students
117 Kasaan St.
Ketchikan, AK 99950
(907)542-2217 10.5 PK-12 11
- Thorne Bay Se Island Correspondence Grades: PK-12
1010 Sandy Beach Road
Thorne Bay, AK 99919
(907)828-8254 15.9 PK-12 n/a
- Klawock Klawock City School Grades: K-12 | 116 students
715 Bayview Blvd
Klawock, AK 99925
(907)755-2220 18.4 K-12 116
- Craig Craig Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 138 students
100 School Road Upper
Craig, AK 99921
(907)826-3274 18.8 PK-5 138
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.