Thorne Bay School
- Thorne Bay School's student population of 71 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thorne Bay School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southeast Island School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thorne Bay Se Island Correspondence Grades: PK-12
1010 Sandy Beach Road
Thorne Bay, AK 99919
(907)828-8254 0.0 PK-12 n/a
- Ketchikan Barry Craig Stewart Kasaan School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
117 Kasaan St
Ketchikan, AK 99950
(907)542-2217 12.2 PK-12 12
- Craig Hollis School Grades: PK-12 | 24 students
Tract 4a Of Asls 96-31
Craig, AK 99921
(907)530-7108 15.9 PK-12 24
- Coffman Cove Howard Valentine Coffman Cove School Grades: PK-12 | 18 students
102 Nw Fairbanks Avenue
Coffman Cove, AK 99918
(907)329-2244 24.4 PK-12 18
- Klawock Klawock City School Grades: K-12 | 127 students
715 Bayview Blvd
Klawock, AK 99925
(907)755-2220 24.4 K-12 127
We will miss Principal Rob O'Neal :( Rob really connects with the kids. I know they will miss Rob O'Neal :(
- Posted by Parent - milli
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.