Howard Valentine Coffman Cove School
- Howard Valentine Coffman Cove School's student population of 18 students has declined by 35% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howard Valentine Coffman Cove School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (14-15)||≥50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southeast Island School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ketchikan Whale Pass School Grades: PK-12 | 16 students
126 Bayview Road
Ketchikan, AK 99950
(907)846-5320 15.0 PK-12 16
- Ketchikan Naukati School Grades: PK-12 | 24 students
100 Heather Street
Ketchikan, AK 99950
(907)629-4121 17.9 PK-12 24
- Thorne Bay Se Island Correspondence Grades: PK-12
1010 Sandy Beach Road
Thorne Bay, AK 99919
(907)828-8254 24.4 PK-12 n/a
- Klawock Klawock City School Grades: K-12 | 127 students
715 Bayview Blvd
Klawock, AK 99925
(907)755-2220 33.0 K-12 127
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.