Holme Thomas School
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Holme Thomas School is Listed among the top public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Holme Thomas School's student population of 624 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||624 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Holme Thomas School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Holme Thomas School is Philadelphia City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Philadelphia City School District's student population of 132,968 students has decreased by 7% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $19,677 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $20,504 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||132,968||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$2,831 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$2,951 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$19,677||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$20,504||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Brown Joseph H School Grades: K-6 | 565 students
3600 Stanwood St
Philadelphia, PA 19136
(215)335-5650 1.1 K-6 565
- Philadelphia Hancock John School Grades: K-5 | 509 students
3700 Morrell Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19114
(215)281-2604 1.5 K-5 509
- Philadelphia Lincoln High School Grades: 9-12 | 1526 students
3201 Ryan Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19136
(215)335-5653 2.0 9-12 1526
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.