Holy Cross School
Holy Cross School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Holy Cross School's student population of 30 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Holy Cross School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#307 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Iditarod Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Holy Cross School is Mcgrath School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mc Grath Mcgrath School Grades: PK-12 | 39 students
90 Takotna Ave
Mc Grath, AK 99627
(907)524-3033 0.0 PK-12 39
- Eagle River Distance Learning/corresp. Center Grades: K-12 | 134 students
1911 Stephanie Blvd
Eagle River, AK 99577
(907)694-6100 0.3 K-12 134
- Takotna Takotna Community School Grades: PK-12 | 22 students
1 River Rd
Takotna, AK 99675
(907)298-2115 14.9 PK-12 22
- Nikolai Top Of The Kuskokwim School Grades: PK-12 | 13 students
9190 Main St
Nikolai, AK 99691
(907)293-2427 41.2 PK-12 13
- Sleetmute Jack Egnaty Senior School Grades: PK-12 | 21 students
206 River Bend Rd
Sleetmute, AK 99668
(907)449-4216 100.1 PK-12 21
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.