Homer Dr Elementary School
Homer Dr Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Homer Dr Elementary School's student population of 701 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||701 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Homer Dr Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#5977 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Beaumont Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaumont Guess Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 558 students
8055 Voth Rd
Beaumont, TX 77708
(409)617-6125 1.0 K-5 558
- Lewisville Vista Academy Of Beaumont Grades: K-5 | 176 students
10255 Eastex Fwy
Lewisville, TX 75029
(972)316-3663 1.0 K-5 176
- Beaumont Smith Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 534 students
Beaumont, TX 77703
(409)617-5825 3.4 6-8 534
- Beaumont Lucas Pk Grades: PK | 309 students
1750 E Lucas Dr
Beaumont, TX 77703
(409)617-6450 3.9 PK 309
- Beaumont Regina Howell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 812 students
Beaumont, TX 77706
(409)617-6190 3.9 PK-5 812
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.