Homestead Elementary School
Homestead Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Homestead Elementary School's student population of 72 students has declined by 46% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Homestead Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#452 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Randolph County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beverly Beverly Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 245 students
505 Main Street
Beverly, WV 26253
(304)636-9162 4.1 PK-5 245
- Mill Creek George Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 320 students
10007 Seneca Trail
Mill Creek, WV 26280
(304)335-4975 5.4 PK-5 320
- Mill Creek Tygarts Valley Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 493 students
10189 Seneca Trail
Mill Creek, WV 26280
(304)335-4575 5.6 6-12 493
- Coalton Coalton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 149 students
278 Broadway Avenue
Coalton, WV 26257
(304)636-9164 8.2 PK-5 149
- Elkins Jennings Randolph Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 286 students
101 Scott Ford Road
Elkins, WV 26241
(304)636-9181 8.9 PK-5 286
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.