Tygarts Valley Middle/High School
- Tygarts Valley Middle/High School's student population of 480 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||480 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tygarts Valley Middle/High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Randolph County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mill Creek George Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 285 students
10007 Seneca Trail
Mill Creek, WV 26280
(304)304-4975 0.2 PK-5 285
- Dailey Homestead Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 104 students
Route 219 / 250 South
Dailey, WV 26259
(304)338-4903 5.6 PK-5 104
- Beverly Beverly Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 221 students
Route 219 / 250 South
Beverly, WV 26253
(304)636-9162 9.7 PK-5 221
- Coalton Coalton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 148 students
1 Main Street
Coalton, WV 26257
(304)636-9164 11.7 PK-5 148
- Valley Head Valley Head Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 26 students
Valley Head, WV 26294
(304)339-4950 13.1 K-5 26
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.