Honesdale High School
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Honesdale High School is Listed among the top public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Honesdale High School's student population of 787 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||787 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Honesdale High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Honesdale High School is Wayne Highlands School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Wayne Highlands School District's student population of 2,533 students has decreased by 10% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 93% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $15,631 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,737 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|School District Name||Wayne Highlands School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,533||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||90-94%|
|District Total Revenue||$44 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$42 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$15,631||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$14,737||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honesdale Stourbridge Primary Center Grades: PK-5 | 373 students
123 Abc Drive
Honesdale, PA 18431
(570)253-3010 0.4 PK-5 373
- Honesdale Wayne Highlands Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 470 students
482 Grove St
Honesdale, PA 18431
(570)253-5900 0.4 6-8 470
- Waymart Wilson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 307 students
74 Belmont St
Waymart, PA 18472
(800)321-9973 7.5 PK-5 307
- Hawley Wallenpaupack Area Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 706 students
139 Atlantic Ave
Hawley, PA 18428
(570)226-4557 8.4 6-8 706
As an alumni, I was well prepared for college academically. I was a music student and didn't feel as well prepared in that area, but because of the dedication of my teachers they took extra time to make sure I was ready for the challenges in that area ahead in college despite the lack of course offerings in the music area. It's a great school with a great faculty.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - music
Honesdale High School is a great school that offers many activities and especially excells in their music program. All students who attend here will recieve the best education out there.
- Posted by Parent - dsas2