Houston Elementary School
- Houston Elementary School's student population of 592 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||592 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Houston Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#1757 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Denton ISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denton Mcmath Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 754 students
1900 Jason Dr
Denton, TX 76205
(940)369-3300 1.1 6-8 754
- Denton Nelson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 637 students
3909 Teasley Ln
Denton, TX 76210
(940)369-1400 1.1 PK-5 637
- Denton Ryan Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 642 students
201 W Ryan Rd
Denton, TX 76210
(940)369-4600 1.6 PK-5 642
- Denton North Texas Collegiate Academy-north Campus Grades: K-8 | 113 students
4601 Ih 35 N
Denton, TX 76207
(940)383-1972 1.8 K-8 113
- Irving Winfree Academy Charter School Dallas Grades: 9-12 | 185 students
2550 Beckleymeade Dr Ste 150
Irving, TX 75039
(469)930-5199 1.8 9-12 185
My kids and I love this school. They have diversity, high expectations, and a focus on social/enironmental/personal responsibility.
- Posted by Parent - BK
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.